Sunday, February 2, 2014

February Counterfeit Kit Challenge

February the month of love, the color pink, hearts, flowers and doilies - yes this holds true even if you have boys.  Well at least a little bit of pink, hearts, flowers and doilies on their pages.

I'm going to do things a little bit differently this month. Once again I have multiple sets but one is for me and the other one is mainly for my guys, but I give my self permission to use it for mine if the need arises.  Set #1 is for my album that is the set you see below and I'm calling it Date Night. I don't have a lot of grey in my stash so I traded that out for brown in my kit. I also didn't realize I had so many of this line. 




Paper Set # 1:
Top Row:
Basic Grey - Urban Coture "Lustra", "Ratine", "Damask", "Merino", and "Lux"
Bottom Row:
Basic Grey - Urban Coture " Pashmina", Gabardine", "Tweed"; Chatter Box - Rosey Powder Puffs; and BoBunny - A Gift of Love "Persuasion Stripe" (I'm using the back side"


When my guys were little I would send the Grandparents pictures of them so they could see what they were up to. I have a couple of albums from Mom and Dad that have these pictures, the type of album where you just insert them. So how do you scrap them? Do you just start over in a new album with them? The spines are coming apart, the plastic is tearing, pictures are just inserted inside - it's just a mess.  I know I have the negatives but not sure that I have the albums any more between cross country moves, storage facilities and such. This will be my new "Back in Time" - Project Life for the Guys" 6x8 size. Thanks CKC for including a Project Life inspiration set to get me going on this.

So for my Set #2 of papers "Back in Time" I picked out papers for them  I will still be making the 12x12 for my oldest and the 8 1/2" x 11" for my youngest for their more current pictures. The only one that has a special purpose is the Hockey paper as that is for my oldest and his girlfriend when they were at the MN Thunder game.   I added the grey heart and a grey on grey paper to this set  to try to follow the inspiration. I had a similar sheet of heart paper as the inspiration and what a great place to use it.  I substituted the red and white patterns for the chevrons and added in a sheet of star paper instead of the circles.



Paper Set #2:
Top Row:
Jenni Bowlin - Red Wallpaper; Bella BLVD Stephanie Hunt - Lovey "Sweetheart";  Chatter Box Scrapbook Walls "Stitched Gallery Floral"; Flair Designs - Crazy 4 U Collection "Sweetheart Stripe", "Be Still My Heart"; K&I Memories - Clean Slate Blossom and Jenni Bowlin - Picinic Lunch
Bottom Row:
Basic Grey - Oh Baby! "Buttercup" and Oh Baby! Boy " Matthew"; Paper House - Hockey College



As for the embellishments I have a few stamps, washi tape and decorative tape, a couple of chipboard pieces, a pre made banner, life Documented journaling spots and a couple of sheet of stickers.


I plan on using a few different dies and my cutting machine for some of the embellishments.  I love the little envelopes in the inspiration kit and plan on making mine as they are so easy to do and think I might try a counterfeit of the heart tissue paper in the inspiration kit.  Since it's the month of Love I also hope to dig out my stickles.  As always I reserve the right to add cardstock, ribbon, buttons or other embellishments to my kit.

6 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Love your kit! Super cute name too. So glad your doing this: This will be my new "Back in Time" - Project Life for the Guys" 6x8 size. Thanks CKC for including a Project Life inspiration set to get me going on this. I look forward to seeing this myself and glad they included a PL kit this month also.

LCSmithSAVED said...

Looking good! Sounds like you've got a good plan for the month with all this lovely stash :~)

Julene Matthews said...

I have 2 of those papers! The big shoes one will be interesting to use.

Jimjams said...

It looks like you are a gal with a plan ... photos, papers, embellies and tools ... a great kit so you'll have a creative month!

Susanne said...

I am intrigued by the papers you've pulled for this kit - such wonderful possibilities for a variety of looks. I'll be watching to see what happens.

Virginia said...

Oh I love what you've pulled together with this kit - looks fabulous!