Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March Countherfeit Kit Challenge Kit - Spring is Coming!

Gosh, the first Challenge is up at the Counterfeit Kit Blog and I had not even had picked my papers for this month.  The inspiration kit is February's Coco Daisy Kit

From the inspiration kit I pulled out some paper in the green and gold tones for my layouts and am using that for my starting point. I've decided to name my March Kit - Spring is Coming! as I have the light greens and gold tones. So for Set #1 I have paper from DCWV Photo Reel Stack 3, My Mind's Eye - Wild Asparagus "Brothers", Crate Paper Seasonal Collection "Friendly", Crate Paper Static Collections "Tight", Static Collections "Gravity" and "Voltage". 



I also have some pictures already printed from my oldest so I thought the green and gold tones would be a perfect starting point then I added in a hint of blue for a couple of layouts.  Set #2 seems like it has a lot of paper in it, but I have a lot of pieces that are already used so I will be using them for accents on that page

Set #2:


Now for the details of the paper:
Top Row: I pulled this paper with two layouts in mind (one 12x12 and the other 8.5x11)
DCWV - Photo Reel Stack 3 , the blue cloud and tree  paper and is a 12x12 sheet and has the clouds on one side and the tree with branches on the other - 2 pieces of this.  Provo Craft - The Slab III - all of the pieces except the dark blue solid and that is an unknown maker, Stampin' Up - blue cardstock - 1 12x12 and one 8.5 x 11 piece.
Middle Row: I have more scrap pieces on the top from the left to right:
Unknown scrap of embossed off white, DCWV - Heirloom Stack,  Provo Craft - The Slab III - the next two pieces; DCWV - Tajmahal Stack; DCWV  Texture and finishes Stack, Basic Grey - Obscure "define", and We R Memory Keepers - teen angst
Bottom Row:
DCWV - Photo Reel Stack 3, Provo Craft - The Slab III - diamond paper is a 10x12 pieces, DCWV - grey cardstock; DCWV Rock Star - tan and gold; DCWV - tan cardstock, Provo Craft The Slab III - tone on tone tan and

The Embellishments set I pulled some 6x6 paper packs for the Project Life - Back in Time that I'm doing for the guys.  DH had picked me up a 3x4 and 4x6 journaling cards so I added that to the kit.
 



Creative Imagination - Army Brads, Sandylion Essentials - Military Stickers
Quick Kutz - bird die
Stamps: Unity Stamps  - Having fun, Hero Arts - My Favorites
Silhouette - die cut
My Mind's Eye - True Blue Bling
6x6 paper packs - Stampin' Up Welcome Neighbor Series, DCWV - Basic Stack, Simple Stories - Documented
We R Memory Keepers Journaling Cards - 3x4 Unscripted, 4x6 Snapshot
Spiral Journaling Book - Making Memories
Wood Veneers - Studio Calico - hearts, people, and stars
Unknown Wood birdies

So this is the start of my March Counterfeit Kit - Spring is Coming!  I once again will be adding more cardstock as needed along with any other embellishment like ribbon or yarn as I did not pull any.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Love your kit's name, wonderfully colored kit too. Love the my favorites stamp step you picked out looks like a really good one to use and we both seem to have the same taste in DCWV-lots of stacks I was recognizing alot of paper :). Looking forward to seeing what you do with it :)

LCSmithSAVED said...

Sounds like your process for choosing will serve you well this month! Will be watching for some of those items to pop up on a page :~D