Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Butterfly Garden

In the Counterfeit Kit this month there is a butterfly paper from We R Memory Keepers Inked Rose "Butterflies"  that is gorgeous.  Since I don't have this paper I decided to counterfeit it this month. (This is a long post and you can click on the images to make them bigger.)


For the first layout I pulled out the Fanciful Flight die.  I have not really used it except to test punch it to put into my book but not on a project. I pulled scraps of paper that I thought would look good not paying any attention to how I was placing them in the die. Some of papers were directional so I have wings not matching. As you can see I kind of went a little crazy die cutting them.


Then I played around with placement on a 12x12 piece of cardstock.  I decided to use a light grey background matted onto a white background. I liked the double border and the partial butterflies on the edges of the page.


Now how can I possible cover them up?  I printed off my photo, used vellum to mat it, punched the edges and made a pocket for my journaling. 


For my second layout I pulled out some Unity stamps, placed them on the Fiskars Stamp Press and went to work.  I stamped one row then embossed it, went to the next row and embossed it until my page was filled up.  I then pulled out my water color pencil and colored the images in.


I did use the heat gun to dry the images after they were colored, then cut a 1/4" off of each side.  This is then matted onto dark grey cardstock.


I added my photo and kept the embellishments to a minimum so that the butterflies keep center stage.

Thanks for stopping by.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - July
2 - 12x12 Layouts
1 - Mini Album

Recipe:
Layout 1:
Paper: Counterfeit Kit: Added to kit: Stampin' Up - Vellum, DCWV - the Chalkboard stack and white cardstock
Die: Tim Holtz - Fanciful Flight
Punch: Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace
Misc.: adhesive, black sharpie, foam tape and zots

Layout 2:
Paper: Counterfeit Kit: Added to Kit: Recollections white cardstock, DCWV - The Chalkboard stack
Stamps: Unity - Butterfly Beauty; Impression Obsession - Word Play "Express Yourself"
Ink: Distress - Black Soot; Color Box - Lime Chalk
Water Color Pencils: Crayola - blue; General's Kimberly - 708 Orange, 713 Yellow, 716 Heliotrope; Stadetler - light brown
Punch: Stampin' Up - Ticket Corner; Martha Steward - Photo Corners
Misc.: adhesive, Fiskars Stamp Press, pre-made flower, zots.

6 comments:

Miss Jane said...

Wow! I am in love with both of these. Very clever and both lo's are gorgeous

Chidkid said...

I'm in awe of your patience.. well worth the effort though!

Susanne said...

Those make stunning backgrounds for your layouts - well done.

Julene Matthews said...

Clever,clever,clever

Unknown said...

Beautiful layouts! I am so amazed at how you created the butterflies. Definitely seems to be well worth the effort that you took because they are amazing. Great job!

Laura said...

Top counterfeiting :)