Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September Counterfeit Kit - Summer Festival

Hi and welcome to the September Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop. This month I'm delighted to be the Guest Designer at Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog. If you need to go back to the beginning of the hop or get lost along the way I have it all posted for you at the bottom. Our inspiration for September is any of the Studio Calico Pop Art Kits. They have four kits comprising of a Scrapbook kit, Card Kit, Project Life Kit and a Planner Kit.  Each kit has a few products that are not included in any of the other kits.

Scrapbook Kit:

Card Kit:

Project Life Kit:


Planner Kit:


I've pulled a few ideas from each of the Studio Calico Pop Art kits to include in my September Counterfeit Kit - Summer Festival. It reminded me of the sidewalk fairs or festivals that are around here. There's always something that catches your eye a few steps further on.



These are the papers I pulled because I thought they matched the colors of the kit. I have picked mainly the backs of the papers to use: Teresa Collins "Tell your Story" - Diamonds, Frames, Tickets, Flowers, Scallop Border, Cards, Large Journaling Card and Small Journaling Cards. The next two are forgeries.


 DCWV - Photo Reel Stack 3 (the branch paper and white daisies) then some papers I used the inks and gelatos on.


I've added a lot of cardstock to kit along with some glitter cardstock, vellum, watercolor paper and acetate. Cardstock Colors are: Gays, Yellows, Light Purple, Dark Pink, Green, Black, Orange, Light Blue, Yellow and a Light Pink. There were several tags in different colors that I'm going to incorporate into my projects this month and a couple of Forgeries.

As I was making my kit my youngest requested a couple of scrapbook pages and I pulled these papers out for him. I pulled Polka Dots in different colors, a couple of different blacks and I thought the blue was a good match to the Inspiration Kit. I didn't have any triangle paper but I did have a diamond shape so I put that in and instead of pink I went with a darker shade of red.



Pink Paiselee - Mistletoe Collection "Naughty or Nice"; Crate Paper - Cottage Collection "Cocoa"; October Afternoon - Sunday Dishes: Crate paper - Cottage Collection "Bloom"; October Afternoon - Tea Towel, Egg Basket, Cookie Jar; Bella BLVD - Honey I'm Home "Couch Potato"; Basic Grey - Savory, Cupcake and Boxer;  Bella BLVD - Honey I'm Home "Alleyway".


DCWV paper (can't remember the collection); Pink Paislee - Enchanting; DCWV paper and an unknown paper; Creative Imaginations - Narratives by Karen Russell; Jeni Bowlin - Turquoise Tiny Dot; Unknown Diamonds; Flair Design - Keep on Cooking Collection "Wine Country"; Unknown Black; Creative Imaginations - Signature Collection; DCWV - Luxury Stack and Fancy Pants - Red Journal.

So then I thought I needed some Project Life Cards. I am horrible at using then but I do have them. Hopefully this will get me into making a page or two regularly when I scrap. 




Project Life: Dear Lizzy - Neapolitan Edition; Cinnamon Edition; We R Memory Keepers - Jet Set, then I found a couple of sets from Misc Me! and lastly one from We R Memory Keepers.



I've pulled several Unity Stamps and Paper Trey Ink stamps and die sets, some foam sheets in white, yellow, pink and orange, gold washi tape, a jar of beads and sequins and the jar of DIY Enamel Dots.
Die: Stampin' Up - Lattice Die and Beautiful Butterflies; Sizzix - Flowers and Branches; Tim Holts - Heart Wings and Weathered Clock; Die-namics letter dies.
Stencils: Heidi Swapp, Hero Arts and Plaid; Cuttlebug Embossing Folders - Labels and Frames and Vintage Artist


Ink: Color Box  Gold; Distress Ink -  Dried Marigold, Peeled Paint, Victorian Velvet, Festive Berries and ripe Persimmon; Acrylic Paint - Apricot, Capri, Gold, Tropical Bay Blue and White, a couple of gold metallic pens and a few Gelatos in gold, pink, yellow and orange.  I'm not sure what Cricut cartridge I want to include so I've left it open.

So that is my Summer Festival kit, a bit larger than I was expecting to make but packed to brim with inspiration.

Your next stop on the hop is Lisa and she always has an amazing kit to share. I have the whole hop listed below, starting with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog.

Counterfeit Kit challenge Blog: http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
Guest Designer:  Cindy: http://www.cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com/ (you are here)

Thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

Jimjams said...

Oh my what a kit!! It's a good job September has 31 days because you're going to need every one of them to use up this lovely kit!

Janine Rachau said...

Wow! That's quite a kit! The Teresa Collins is beautiful.

Julene Matthews said...

This is a very comprehensive kit with lots of colours and cards especially. Enjoy using then Cindy and welcome as our guest designer.

Margie said...

I love your kit, especially the inks and paints!

Tina Campbell said...

Wow Mega kit! I'm excited to see what you do with the gelatos :) The paper you chose is gorgeious and all those fun PL cards :) This will be a fun month to watch your blog. Congrats on being GD :)

Karen said...

ooo love your kit! It's pretty and great PL cards collection! I am sure you will use it once you have it out. :) can't wait to see those inks and paints in action!

sassyscrapper said...

What a full range of supplies you have pulled for playing this month! I like how you interpreted the inspiration and went with some more fall tones. Always great to see the directions we all take. My apologies for leaving your name off the blog hop list! Somehow I had a list without your name. Welcome and SO glad you are here. It is all fixed on my blog now. Scrappy hugs!

LCSmithSAVED said...

You were truly inspired by all that was on offer this month! You are such a prolific paper crafter that I know this beautiful collection will go to use. Thanks so much for being our guest this month!

Stephanie said...

Wow Cindy, what a giant kit you've pulled together!! With this stash I'm sure you'll make a ton of fabulous layouts this month .. looking forward to seeing your creations!!

Clair said...

A bit larger than you were expecting to make? Just a bit? It's huge! But also fantastic! I love the inclusion of the red instead of pink, it gives it a whole new feel!

Susan said...

You've really got a big selection of papers - I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of all that variety. I really like the tangerine and turquoise colors in your first photo. And I'm definitely with you on the Project Life cards - it's so easy to collect them isn't it? Looking forward to seeing what you make this month!

kate blue said...

that is some serious stash and a pretty cool kit-love all the paper!!!

Susanne said...

That is a kit brimming with goodies. I will especially stay tuned into what you do with those cards.

Lisa said...

Bit late with my commenting but better late than never!

Great kit - huge but great! LOL. Looks like you really went to town with the bright colours and all those gorgeous PL cards - I try to include a few in each of my kits recently as I seem to collect without using too!

Great to have you with us this month :-)